Sunday, December 26, 2010

Travel-Blog - Part the First

Sometimes, I think I've lead a full life. Nothing really Earth-shattering, but not bad. I've seen a World Series game. An NBA Championship game. Springsteen.

But there are things I've never done that I want to, and there always will be. I've never been a Bucket List guy, but sometimes when opportunities present themselves, you take them. So, when my friend Brom decided he wanted to move to Los Angeles, I offered to accompany him on his drive. I hadn't been to L.A. for twelve years, for one, and I had never driven across the country, so that would be two items to check off (were I a Bucket List guy.) How can I let this opportunity slip away? At 34, they don't come along so often.

Weather permitting, Tuesday, December 28th, we embark on our journey. I'll be updating this blog as best I can, with the next post possibly being from down around Virginia somewhere (or wherever there isn't tons of snow!) I can't promise the posts will be interesting to anyone, but at least Brom and I will have something to remember the details by. Especially for him, since this will be a life-changing adventure. For me, another item off the list.

Wish us luck. It may be one of "those" trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment