Thursday, December 30, 2010

In the Land of Delta Blues

Tennessee Day has been extended.  A look ahead at the route and calendar has us spending a lot of time on the road and in states like Arkansas and Oklahoma (sorry, guys), so we decided that Memphis would be a fun place to spend New Year's Eve tomorrow.
Honestly, I am finding Tennessee to be a lot cooler than I would ever have expected.  Today happened to be the Music City Bowl in Nashville, so the streets were filled with revelers (and a Jack Daniels tent which sold cups of Jack n' Coke which could be enjoyed out on the street).  I'm not sure what it's like on regular days, but add in the splash of country music history from our tour of the Grand Olde Opry, and it certainly seems like a fun place that I would certainly like to visit again.

We also had lunch at the highly recommended Loveless Cafe in Nashville.  By far the best meal on the trip, and possibly ever.  I don't really know how some chicken sandwiches are made better, bu this one was, and throw in those biscuits, and that did it.  I was done.  Awesome place anyone should check out if in the Nashville area.
And I have to admit, I am finding the people down here to be very generous and hospitable.  Southern hospitality is obviously not a myth.  Maybe it's the warmer climes or whatever, but everyone has been awesome (and coming from a cynic like me, that's saying something.)
Tomorrow, a day of rest and some walking in Memphis, with our feet no doubt ten feet off of Beale.  (I had to say it.)

1 comment:

  1. Keep your blog logged and the wind at yer back! Safe travels! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete