Tuesday, January 4, 2011

End of the road...

After all the hotels and restaurants (good and bad), it was nice to get a home-cooked meal last night, courtesy of Brom's grandfather and his wife, who are two of the nicest people I've ever met, and this is on a trip that has been filled with nice people.  Now, we are about to embark on our final leg of driving (about 6 hours to L.A.)  It will be weird to stop moving along.  Well, for a day, anyway.  Thursday I fly back to Boston and my relatively normal life.
I believe that I will go back with a greater tolerance for people and patience for the world in general.  For a little while, anyway.  I've seen a lot of natural beauty and met a lot of cool people, so it will be strange to go back to East-Coast-Go-Go-Go life.  I'm sure I'll get used to it, and be back to the same cynical son-of-a-gun I always was soon enough.  But for now, it's been cool.
It will also be weird to see L.A. again.  I lived there 13 years ago, so I'm sure a lot of it is different, but it's still a crazy place, so I'm looking forward to experiencing the memories again.  I'm not really sure if there's anything in particular I was looking forward to, but just the city as a whole.  I'll just have to see how I feel when I get there.
Not sure when the next update will be on this blog.  Maybe the airport.  Maybe Boston.  Maybe L.A.  Either way, I hope people enjoyed reading about our trip as much as we enjoyed living it.  It was a once in a lifetime experience.  To paraphrase a friend of mine, everything came up Milhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment